Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Well, it's now April 30. I gave the attorney for the hospital's insurance company until May 1 to respond to my inquiry about what they intend to do regarding a settlement, or an apology, or something.

Why do I get the feeling that the deadline means nothing to anyone but me?

I fully expect them to question my sanity, my character, etc. Hell, maybe an injunction is coming? All I can say is BRING IT. I will soon be gearing up my website, www.ubhdentonsucks.com,

Now, if you go to the website that bears the name of the pompous doctor who "stands by" his diagnosis, but didn't know who the hell I was... AS EVIDENCED BY THE DISCHARGE PAPERS HE FILLED OUT AND SIGNED.... which would, specifically be... www.atiquekhan.com ... when I'm finished it will take you directly to www.ubhdentonsucks.com

UBH Denton is owned by Ascend Health. The proud "founder" of this company is Dr. Richard Kresch. Ironically, I also own www.richardkresch.com Go figure.


Let me be clear.... this was never about money in the beginning. I sent this ridiculously incompetent hospital a very long letter, which will be posted here soon enough, outlining all the problems I had during my 6 day stay at their facility (would have been 3 or 4 days, had I been allowed to leave when I asked... and keep in mind, I was NOT committed, I went in there on my own two feet, and 100% voluntarily, ASKING FOR HELP.)

The response I received from the hospital was so flippant, and so disregarding of any of my concerns, that I took it to an attorney friend. Who said at a minimum, we had a case for false imprisonment, and defamation of character (since they told my boyfriend I had an addition to illegal drugs, which I most certainly did not, and the lab work I had done proves that no such substances were in my system).

More later, folks. Thanks for reading. And please... if you care ANYTHING about the state of the mental health care system in this country, share this with others. NO ONE should have this happen to them.

7 comments:

  1. Those practices in mental health are not just in Texas but in other states as well. I too went to the hospital. I was psychotic due to low potassium. I was forced into the mental health system not of my own free will actually I was close to the level of coma if my potassium level had not been caught. Instead I was given a different name too and detained. The psychiatrist circled an illegal drug as positive when the result was negative. They tried to keep me longer but were not able to due to too many others supporting me. The doctor would not even listen to my families claims that what happened to me was due to the low potassium. Doctors and hospital smake MISTAKES all the time. They use their social status and wealth to get away with it far too often. This must stop, doctors are far from Gods! They "practice" their "profession" and their opinion it not gospel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incompetent medical care is running rampant in the whole country. I want to know how Kathleen Sebelius is going to handle the job as United States Secretary of Health and Human Services. She did a lousy job as Governor of Kansas. I filed a complaint with the State Board of Nursing and it is going to take NINE (9) months for any type of investigation.

    My one and only child is dead because an ARNP wrote her a prescription. She was probably unaware of the deadly cocktail she gave my daughter. My daughter was mentally ill and took several Psyhcotrophic medications, she was never told of any of the possible side effects - the major side effect was suicide.

    My daughter did not deserve to die at the age of 32. A new drug comes along and every medical person that can write prescriptions does or they might miss out on all of the perks from drug representation and pharmaceutical companies.

    I am now a childless mother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Dr gave my father back in 1985 a med that killed him. My grandma died several yrs back now from a DR not oking her to have her blood pressure med in the hospital after surgery. The nurses paged and paged him. He was playing golf and wouldn't retun the calls. He didn't leave permission for another DR to ok meds for her. I lost 2 due to DRs.

    My husband recently took a medication that changed his brain chemistry and he left me.
    The hell that med has put us through is indiscribable. Best of luck to you!

    Mother of 4.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your support. I am very frustrated that the hospital's insurance company isn't taking me seriously. I guess they want to see if I'll retain a new lawyer. I sure will!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another medical experience .... My PCP prescribed Prednisone ,Benicar and Chantix, all of which cause increased heart rate

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have lost the id to sign in to this site and cannot as such post "new" stories. But let's just say that UBH's attorney did NOTHING but stonewall me,a nd they have refused to settle or otherwise even talk to my lawyer. The statute of limitations is running out (2 years in January) and we'll be filing suit before then. I'll try to post updates as I can.

    ReplyDelete
  7. www.ubhdentonsucks.com

    ReplyDelete