Monday, April 27, 2009

Welcome to the HELL that is UBH Denton!

I went to UBH Denton because I thought something was wrong in my head. There's no doubt something was, but it was a bad reaction to medication and I TRIED to tell them that.

What I got, instead, was mistaken for another patient. And, that is absolutely evident by my discharge papers, which were signed by attending psychiatrist Dr. Atique Khan. He signed me out as an "overdose patient," and nothing could be further from the truth.

Do you know what it's like to sign yourself into a mental health facility for the first time in your life, thinking you'll get some help, and instead get misdiagnosed as a bipolar alcoholic? And when you ask to leave, you're threatened with committment proceedings BECAUSE YOU HAVE GOOD HEALTH INSURANCE?????

So, you get held against your will? And then you later find out that they had you mistaken for another patient?

I bet you don't know what that's like. What's worse, is when I called it to their attention, they didn't acknowledge their mistakes, much less apologize. And, they withheld part of my medical record, too (after charging me over $100 for a copy of it!)

The mental health system in this country is disgusting. And so is UBH Denton, along with its parent company, Ascend Health. I have made it my mission in life to make sure everyone knows about this bogus "mental health" operation so that no one else has to suffer like I and my family did.

Stay tuned......

1 comment:

  1. UBH Hell Paso (El Paso) is no better. I now find that I was misdiagnosed by this facility as Bipolar 1...according to my new PDoc I have PTSD from 16 years as a fire fighter. I am looking into legal action against Ascend/UBH and also the Dr. that made the diagnosis. My stay at UBH went from bad to worse. Some examples: Urine on the restroom floor from other patients that I was told put up with. Classes with the therapists that were absolutely worthless...faithbased and relgious BS that did NOTHING for my "condition". I also remember several times the staff saying that UBH stands for U've (should be you've) been had. There are many other issues with the care/staff that my attorney will address. Just to let you know that you are not alone in the lack of correct diagnosis or care with the Ascend\UBH family.

    ReplyDelete